Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bad Day

This summer has really been full of great days. For the most part, the kids have gotten along really well. I've had several experiences that have reminded me what great kids I have and we've gotten to sleep in!

Today, was one of those bad days. The kind that you're glad don't come around too often.

Our kids teeth are one of those things that we're a little obsessive about. I was encouraged to take the kids to the dentist as soon as their first teeth popped out. As soon as they turned one I have taken them to a pediatric dentist. Each year they have their teeth cleaned and are given a great report...

The other day, Griffin came to me and said "Mom, look at me tooth" as I looked in, it was completely cracked in half! I couldn't believe it didn't hurt him. He doesn't remember how he did it, but he definitely did a number on it. We took him into the dentist and the only way to fix it was to give him a filling. So Sad. He took it like a man and the dentist even complimented him on how brave he was.



After we got home it was time for the girls to practice piano. There were literally tears left on the keys after the practice session. I knew a 15 minute practice session shouldn't generate tears and chalked it up to girly drama. Here's to a better day tomorrow.


Bonus points if you can tell which key is tear-stained!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We tend to forget that teeth are bones, therefor if a tooth is damaged, (without damaging the root canal and/or gums) not much pain is involved.
...but thats just crazy talk. ☺

I'm just here to congratulate Griffin on being brave!

Lori said...

I'm sorry to hear about Griffin's tooth. That's sad he had to get his first filling. On the bright side, at least you had sympathy for him since it wasn't because of a lack of brushing. Tears on the Piano keys?? Must have been one sad song.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Griffin needing a filling. I cracked a tooth when shivering when I was older, and it did the same thing. Glad he wasn't in any pain...
As far as the piano key having a tear on it... I believe that would be "b", since that looks like middle C close-by.. And if I got that right, then I haven't lost my knack for playing... haha

April said...

Anonymous got it right! You get the prize... um, "Good Job" :)