Monday, October 25, 2010

Random Fun Stuff

Owen has been so disappointed in my blogging frequency lately (See post below) so I decided that I needed to do better... after all, I started this BLOG for them :)



This is the first year that the boys and girls don't attend the same school. The boys have started Middle School and it has been a new experience for us all. I'm so grateful for the communication that we have.

The first day of school, heading to the bus stop:




The girls not far behind:


















The girls got glasses this summer. Kaylee doesn't wear hers unless I remind her and McKay is really good about putting them on when she wakes up.














I love to get my camera out to discover that it has been used secretively by the kids... you never know what pictures you'll discover. Here are the girls apparently modeling:










This was our fabulous family fishing festival. We went cat fishing and had a great time and much success:




The fishermen poised for action:



I love the look on Kaylee's face. Kind of how I have a Love/Hate relationship with fishing.



First fish of the day:



McKay's catch. I love the picture of her and Steve coming back with a prize fish:





Notice Owen's face and gloves:



Griffin was the last one to catch a fish, but once he got going... he was unstoppable.


At this point, all three kids got a bite at the exact same time:



Our collection:


Everyone stepped in to help clean, after some helpful hints from the pro himself (Grandpa Bob) and some supervision (Grammy and Grandpa):



You go girl:


We had a big fish fry! I used to think I didn't like catfish... I've decided I was wrong because these were delicious!



Kaylee helping chop lettuce for our salad.






Mckay working on the tomatoes:



And what would a family update be without updates about the pets. Sophie and Otis are becoming great friends (Much to the dismay of Otis):



You thought I was kidding? Look how I found them the other day:



The boys had their first band concert this week! They did so good considering they had only played for a few weeks. So proud of them.



2 comments:

Layne and Lorrie said...

You're so funny! I was really excited to see what Owen (or your kids) might post! But, I loved your pictures especially of the kids going down the driveway. And Owen, I'm with you on the whole touching the fish thing! :)

Lori said...

Love all the pictures and the action shots of modeling, fishing and playing in the band!