Monday, September 22, 2008

School Fun






Friday afternoon I was waiting for the bus. As it pulled up, Owen got off and started running towards me. I thought he must have good news and he did. He was elected Student Council Vice President. We were excited for him. He had a group of his friends who wouldn't leave his side and they told him they were his body gaurds! As Grandpa Allen put it, now all we have to do is knock-off the President! :(








Kaylee and McKay have a field trip coming up where they are going to the zoo. They are very excited and their teacher sent home a project for them to do this weekend. They had to create their favorite zoo animal and research some facts on it. We had a lot of fun with the creativity side of things and the girls truly were thrilled to learn interesting things about them. Kaylee chose to create a pig. She learned that pigs are the only animal that can get sunburned. McKay chose a Panda Bear. She learned that at first scientist didn't know what kind of animal Panda's were but recently with DNA we now know they truly are Panda BEARS! I think the best part of their project was getting to recite their reports to Granpa Allen, Nana, Grammy and Grandpa who all visited this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Owen! Way to go! Your g-pa Allen is a funny guy (unless you happen to be the president).

Melissa Walton said...

Congrats Owen! Cute story from my childhood: When I was in 6th grade I ran for V.P., but I didn't win. I was sad about it, and after walking home from school, I came in to the kitchen and saw sugar cookies in big letters spelling out CONGRATULATIONS. I went upstairs and sadly told my mom that there was no reason for congratulations because I didn't win. She explained that she was congratulating me for trying, and that she was proud of me whether or not I won or lost.

The Fanning's Ark said...

What a great Mom!! I was a little nervous about what I would do if he lost. Now I know what to do in the future!! Thanks.