Thursday, December 17, 2009

Missing

So I haven't blogged since before we even moved into the new house. As I logged onto my blog page I noticed the last entry I made was about my Best Friend, Shana. This is very appropriate because I have been missing her terribly. I thought I was doing soo well until about October. I started missing all of these little things. As you can imagine it's only gotten worse since then. These are just a few of the things I'm missing:

  • Going trick or treating together and ending up at our house with the kids decorating cookies.
  • Bragging to all of our other friends "Have we started Christmas shopping? We were done in August." Along with that, I miss starting our Christmas projects in July. I didn't make one thing this year.
  • Listening to all of the yummy dishes Shana was cooking up for Thanksgiving. I loved having her family join ours for Thanksgiving but of course it's bitter sweet for all that she wasn't there.
  • Having her tell me what all of the Black Friday deals were. She knew I didn't like to go but she wanted to make sure I knew what they were.
  • Moving to the Harlem Ward and her not being there. For years we talked about being in the same ward and it finally could have happened, but she's not here.
  • Picking up the phone and hearing her on the other end. More than hearing her, I miss her listening ear.
  • I miss giving her a hug. I love hugging her kids, it's like hugging a part of her. One day they're going to tell me to knock it off already.

It feels like she's been gone forever already, but I know I have a lot of life yet to live without her. I'm very grateful to those around me who care about me and have surrounded the hole in my heart and filled it with love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Mrs. Fanning!

Lori said...

April, I'm sorry for all the things that you miss now that Shana is gone. I'm sure she misses you just as much. :( I love you! Lori

The Fanning's Ark said...

Lori, you know your right in the middle of my heart! Thanks for being here! I love you.