Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ground Breaking

Please, Please forgive me! I'm very conscious of the fact that my "peeps" read my Blog, but that isn't the main purpose of it for me. I started this Blog as an exercise in journal writing that I want to pass down to my kids. Because of this main purpose, it may be full of insignificant rants and tidbits but I know my kids will be so enthralled with the smallest details that I persevere. If you choose to persevere with me... I'm thrilled just be patient.

I specifically ask your patience as we go through this Home Building phase. Each piece of earth that is turned, each glop of concrete that is poured and each piece of yummy smelling pine wood that is cut is almost like a member of the family and so must be documented with great detail and love.

We had our official ground-breaking on June 1st. This puts our finishing deadline no later than Nov. 1st. This is quite a bit later than we had anticipated (since the paper work took FOREVER), but we know that we must just sit back and enjoy the process. I say enjoy "loosely". I truly am enjoying every aspect thus far, but Steve is more of a Devil's Advocate kind of guy. I told him the other day that he is a Kill Joy. He stresses about the details that have already been decided. He worries that we may not have chosen the proper place to put the outlets. I on the other hand am so relieved to have all of the little details decided on - that I wouldn't move an outlet now if my life depended on it. We've always been a great balance to each other.




The sign that made our property an official building site.



The first grating of our land.

Footers and string for the foundation. (Footers are what the house will rest on)


My favorite feature in the background... a port-a-potty!!



Pre-plumbing lines.

3 comments:

Bastianclan said...

April,
How exciting! Just think only 5 more months and you will be in your new beautiful home...
yeah hoooo!!!!!

Lori said...

I can't wait to see your property in person! It looks like a little piece of heaven in the middle of all those trees. I just hope you got those outlets in the right place...if you didn't that'll ruin EVERYTHING. Ha, ha! Lori

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

This is super exciting! Congratulations!