Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vacation 2010 - Day Two

Day two started out very relaxing... until we couldn't get to a piece of the camper we needed. Steve had to literally climb under the bench seat and all I could do was laugh and grab my camera... you can imagine how much he appreciated my helpfulness!


The campground was so family friendly! We were able to keep paddle boats at our campsite to use whenever we wanted... the morning of day two was spent in the boats.

How many people can we fit in a two man boat???


After an afternoon of shopping, we returned to an evening in the paddle boats. Griffin spent most of the vacation with fishing pole in hand. He reminds me so much of my brother, Grant and how much he loved to fish. We spent some time talking about Grant and the different fishing techniques he used. I wish my kids could have known him.
Looks like Steve had a little fish envy... I'm just sayin -

I was very impressed with Owen's kayaking skills. I didn't even know he had any, but he learned them in Scouts!
McKay was thrilled to show me how to steer a paddle boat... "Mom, you do the opposite of where you want to go!!"
Steve looking a little disgusted again...
The next three pictures show Steve and Griffin getting bites at the exact same time...

Finally, a smile from Steve...


And I had to end with this last picture... there is a fountain to the right of the picture. The kids thought it was HILARIOUS to position the boat, with me in it, so that I would get wet whenever we went near it.... I didn't find it too humorous!

No comments: